One of the local organizations we support is CAPS, also known as Child Abuse Prevention Services. Their mission is to: alleviate the conditions that contribute to child abuse and neglect through:
· Provision of direct service prevention programs
· Development of community awareness that creates interest and involvement in the problem of child abuse and neglect
· Educating the public and professionals on parenting skills, early detection of child abuse, referral procedures for help, mandatory reporting and other integral topics to the area of child abuse and neglect
· Identification of resources available and gaps in service and referral system
· Promoting inter-agency cooperation and quality communication in abuse and neglect cases
CAPS is currently in need of infant and toddler clothing and toys, new or gently used. They also accept donations of baby equipment.
If you are interested in learning more about CAPS and the services they provide, click here to visit their website.
If you are interested in donating, please click here.